Friday, November 14, 2014

Mathematical Oncology: an introduction given at a Moffitt Cancer Center Radiation Oncology CME conference

Today at Moffitt Cancer Center I'm giving a short talk about Mathematical Oncology for a continuing medical education aimed at medical physicists and dosimetrists - though I think the talk is available to most folks with an interest in science and maths. It's a short talk (30 minutes) in which I hope to introduce the field, show some of the tools we use, and give a short example or two. I feel that this audience, in particular, is important to address because they have the skills needed to think like modellers, and work in cancer EVERY DAY.

My hope is to spread awareness of mathematical oncology, but also to lure some clever folks across the street from the clinic to the laboratory!

There are a host of great talks going on, many of which have their slides on line (I've been told) on topics as broad as #proton therapy, #StereotacticBodyRadiation, #cyberknife, #radiation toxicity, #HIV and cancer and more.

A full agenda can be seen here:

http://www.cvent.com/events/radiation-oncology-conference/agenda-e3a4aaf164cd41929f01194fa077be14.aspx

And here's my talk.

3 comments:

  1. HOW I WAS ABLE TO FLUSH OUT THE HERPES VIRUS WITH THE HELP OF DR. KHAM NATURAL PRODUCT, HIS EMAIL dr.khamcaregiver@gmail.com. I was diagnosed with Herpes a year ago. It’s the worst thing that’s ever happened to me and  I feel like my life is over. Living with constant pain is something no one should have to go through, Herpes has also had a huge impact on my sleep . Since being diagnosed I’ve fallen so far into depression I see no way out because i have been to different hospital. I’m taking a high dose of antidepressants, as well as sedatives and sleeping-pills. I don’t know how I’ll ever accept that this is my life now…I keep asking why me because know changes? But I guess reading your testimony really made me feel happy because i believe what i had from people out there who you also help to cure the herpes virus, and i believe so much with your herbal medicine i am going to be out of this bad situation like others you also help before, what we i have done if not for the herbal medicine that i requested for that was able to flush out the bad virus that was making me go crazy. people out there how will i thank this man called DR. KHAM, i will advice you to email him direct if you have disease like herpes etc. dr.khamcaregiver@gmail.com or whatsapp him +2348159922297

    ReplyDelete
  2. Am Laura Mildred by name, i was diagnosed with Herpes 4 years ago i lived in pain with the knowledge that i wasn't going to ever be well again i contacted so many herbal doctors on this issue and wasted a large sum of money but my condition never got better i was determined to get my life back so one day i saw Mr. Morrison Hansen post on how Dr. Emu saved him from Herpes with herbal medicine i contacted Dr. Emu on his Email: Emutemple@gmail.com we spoke on the issue i told him all that i went through and he told me not to worry that everything will be fine again so he prepared the medicine and send it to me and told me how to use it, after 14 days of usage I went to see the doctor for test,then the result was negative, am the happiest woman on earth now thanks to Dr. Emu God bless you. Email him at: Emutemple@gmail.com Whats-app or Call him: +2347012841542 

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was diagnosed as HEPATITIS B carrier in 2013 with fibrosis of the
    liver already present. I started on antiviral medications which
    reduced the viral load initially. After a couple of years the virus
    became resistant. I started on HEPATITIS B Herbal treatment from
    ULTIMATE LIFE CLINIC (www.ultimatelifeclinic.com) in March, 2020. Their
    treatment totally reversed the virus. I did another blood test after
    the 6 months long treatment and tested negative to the virus. Amazing
    treatment! This treatment is a breakthrough for all HBV carriers.

    ReplyDelete